Rules & Regulations
- The users should enter their membership number, name and the entry time in the gate register kept at the security counter while they enter inside the library. Similarly; when they leave the library the leaving time should be entered in the gate register.
- Silence must be observed inside the library and loud talking is prohibited in all parts of the library. As the library is the place of individual study and research, members should conduct themselves to maintain an atmosphere conducive to this. Use of mobile phone inside the library is not permitted. Photography/videography inside the library is prohibited normally, but special permission can be obtained.
- Books should be handled with care. Marking on books is most objectionable and may lead to cancellation of membership privileges. Our College Library is following Open Access System and hence the members have the privilege of direct access to book shelves in the Stack and Reference. It is important that the classified arrangements of books according to the numbers, is maintained in the shelves for the convenience of the members themselves. A book could be freely taken out of the shelves; on no account should they be shelved by the members as they lead to misplacement of books. Such books may be left on the nearest table and the same will be shelved by the Library Staff.
- A member can keep the book for 15 days (including holidays) with him, after issuing the book. After the said period the concerned member will be charged Rs. 2.00 everyday till he returns the book to the Librarian.
- Members utilizing the On-line Journals and Internet Browsing facilities, should enter the member number, name, login time and logout time in the register kept for this purpose in the respective section:
- Users are requested not to leave any personal belongings like laptops, mobile phones etc. unattended. The Library will not be responsible for the loss of the same.
- For better use of the Library, members can approach the library staff.
- Deliberate tampering of BARCODE / RFID tags and unauthorized exit of books will invite penalty up to Rs.5000/- and suspension of membership. However, a minimum penalty of Rs. 100/- will be charged for loss of RFID tags due to ignorance, subject to the return of book in good condition. In case, if the book is partially damaged, a sum of Rs. 300/- will be collected towards binding charges or alternatively the member can replace the book as per the Library norms. Fixing the penalty and deciding other actions in this regard is at the sole discretion of the Librarian.