The college library has transformed through the past five decades into a Knowledge Resource Centre catering specially to the information needs of the students, scholars and faculty. The Library currently holds about 25 thousands volumes of books and subscribes to popular research journals and databases.
The vision is to cater to the informational, academic and research needs of the College fraternity, primarily and global community in general, thus, enabling the Dukhulal Nibaran Chandra College to achieve excellence in teaching, learning and research.
The Mission of DNC Library is to provide user-oriented library services to enhance the teaching, learning and research activities of the Dukhulal Nibaran Chandra College by providing them with high quality academic and research resources.
To achieve the vision and mission of the library, it has the following objectives:
- Select, acquire and organise high quality, relevant and up to date information resources according to need and requirement of the college fraternity;
- Select and depute qualified, experienced and dedicated library staff to offer high-quality library services to the users;
- Develop, maintain and promote a wide range of library services to optimise the use of library resources;
- Organise frequently user orientation and staff training programmes for optimum utilisation of the resources of the library; and
- Adopt the latest tools and technologies to provide library services to the users more effectively and efficiently.